Challenge Exams via New York University
Please note the following pertaining to course challenges at Boise State University:
- Students may not challenge a course to improve a previous grade or to replace a Pass in that course.
- You must determine the number of credit hours you need before paying fees. You may receive up to 16 pass/fail credits equivalent to 101, 102, 201, and 202. You may not add additional credit hours once credits have been posted on your transcript.
- Refunds will not be given under any circumstances.
- You must take the exam within four (4) weeks of its receipt at the WLL office.
- Students must be willing to accept the scores given as a result of the exam.
- Students must be enrolled this semester to have the challenge grade posted on their transcripts.
- The Registrar will transcript credits awarded through Challenge Exams after successful completion of 12 credit hours at Boise State University.
1. Complete Test Registration Form (Pick up form in the Department of World Languages, L-140B)
2. NYU fees are $300.00 for their 12 point exam [which you take in order to challenge up to 16 credits at Boise State University. Do not pay for the NYU 16 point exam]. There is an additional registration fee of $20.00. NYU also requires $20.00 for postage and handling. You may pay by credit card for the exam fee, but you will need to include a money order for the postage and handling. All payments must be made by credit card or money order. If paying by money order, you must include two separate money orders, one for the exam and one for postage and handling.
Send form and money orders to:
New York University
School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Center for Foreign Languages and Translation
10 Astor Place, Suite 505
New York, NY 10003
3. You will be notified when the test arrives. Visit the Department of World Languages, L-140B, for completion of the Credit for Prior Learning form.
4. Take the BSU form to the Payment and Disbursement Center, A-101. BSU fees are $20.00 per course. Please be sure to keep your form and receipt. (Refunds will not be given under any circumstances). PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE EXAM IS GIVEN.
5. Make arrangements via e-mail to take the exam with our proctor:
Arantza Ugalde, Library-141F, ArantzaUgalde@boisestate.edu
Please provide the Credit for Prior Learning Form and a copy of your receipt to Arantza prior to taking the exam. You will need to allow two hours to take the exam. The WLL office will mail your exam to NYU.
6. When your exam results arrive from NYU, your scores will be recorded on the Credit for Prior Learning form. It may take 6-8 weeks for your results to arrive. Please pick up results from the WLL office. The WLL office will turn in all challenge grades to the Registrar by the challenge deadline. (Be sure to keep your receipt from the Cashier to show as proof of fee payment.)