- August 6th and 7th, “Refresh, Renew, Restart Your World Languages Classroom” with Kelly Arispe and Amber Hoye
- Registration information coming soon! Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
“Refresh, Renew, Restart Your World Languages Classroom,”
August 6th and 7th, 2018
Professional development workshop for Secondary World Language Instructors that targets updated Idaho State & ACTFL Standards to achieve a communicative classroom.
This professional development course is for Idaho World Language instructors. Workshop attendees will become more familiar/oriented with the updated state standards and create a myriad of practical activities and assessments that can be integrated immediately for the 2018-2019 school year.
Two tracks will be offered: a 1-credit face-to-face option designed to meet the needs of all Idaho WL secondary educators and a 3-credit face-to-face and online option to support new instructors or experienced instructors wanting to update or create new course content. This workshop is hands-on: attendees should expect to work on and complete the course deliverables.
– Idaho State Standards and ACTFL toolkit
– Make grammar activities fun, engaging, and learner-centered
– Integrate culture into vocabulary and grammar with comprehensible input and output activities
– Free, web-based technologies that are amenable to grades 6-12
- Kelly Arispe, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Department of World Languages, Boise State University
- Amber Hoye, Director of World Language Resource Center, Boise State University
To learn more and to register for this workshop, please visit Worldlang.boisestate.edu/PD
Breakfast and Parking included
$110, includes 1 credit PD
$330, includes 3 credit PD
$50, registration without PD
- First, register for the workshop using the following link: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20444_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=171&SINGLESTORE=true
- If you would like to signup for Professional Development credit (not included in the registration), please use the following links:
Location: Ron and Linda Yanke Research Park, Room 510,
220 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise