- August 6th and 7th, “Refresh, Renew, Restart Your World Languages Classroom” with Kelly Arispe and Amber Hoye
“Refresh, Renew, Restart Your World Languages Classroom,”
August 6th and 7th, 2018
Professional development workshop for Secondary World Language Instructors that targets updated Idaho State & ACTFL Standards to achieve a communicative classroom.
This professional development course is for Idaho World Language instructors. Workshop attendees will become more familiar/oriented with the updated state standards and create a myriad of practical activities and assessments that can be integrated immediately for the 2018-2019 school year.
Two tracks will be offered: a 1-credit face-to-face option designed to meet the needs of all Idaho WL secondary educators and a 3-credit face-to-face and online option to support new instructors or experienced instructors wanting to update or create new course content. This workshop is hands-on: attendees should expect to work on and complete the course deliverables.
- Idaho State Standards and ACTFL toolkit
- Make grammar activities fun, engaging, and learner-centered
- Integrate culture into vocabulary and grammar with comprehensible input and output activities
- Free, web-based technologies that are amenable to grades 6-12
- Kelly Arispe, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Department of World Languages, Boise State University
- Amber Hoye, Director of World Language Resource Center, Boise State University
- Boise State Concurrent Enrollment
- Boise State Department of World Languages
To learn more and to register for this workshop, please visit Worldlang.boisestate.edu/PD
Breakfast (both days), Lunch (1 day), and Parking included
- $110, includes 1 credit PD
- $330, includes 3 credit PD
- $50, registration without PD
Note: We have extended the registration deadline till August 1st!
- First, register for the workshop (Note: Registration is free for Boise State Concurrent Enrollment Instructors)
- If you would like to signup for Professional Development credit (not included in the registration), please use the following links:
Location: Ron and Linda Yanke Research Park, Room 510,
220 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise