A Degree in a World Language Can Take You Anywhere!
From a career in government to arts, science and entertainment.
The Career Center at Boise State has a wide variety of resources to help you explore and learn about different areas of employment, types of employers and strategies to consider when pursuing a language degree. In addition, the faculty in the World Languages department are excited to share their experiences with you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact them!
To read more about how your language skills can help you build a career in multiple fields, please review theses informational materials from the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL):
- Business and Industry (PDF)
- Emergency Response and Law Enforcement (PDF)
- Education (PDF)
- Legal Interpreting (PDF)
- Health Care (PDF)
- International Development (PDF)
- National Security (PDF)
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality (PDF)
Career Resources for Language Majors and Minors:
Information from the World Languages Department:
- World Languages Alumni Success Stories
- Careers with a Language Degree: Boise State World Languages Alumni
Other Useful Sites:
- Using Languages in Your Career
- Four Reasons Entrepreneurs Should Learn Another Language
- Know More than One Language? Don’t Give it Up!
- Career Ideas for Language Majors and Minors
- Opportunities to teach abroad in various countries
- Find a job in a country where you can improve your language skills
- Opportunities to live and work in a Spanish-speaking country
- Language Study In the Age of Globalization: The College-Level Experience