Challenge Exams via Brigham Young University
Please note the following pertaining to course challenges at Boise State University
- Students may not challenge a course to improve a previous grade or to replace a Pass in that course.
- You must determine the number of credit hours you need before paying fees. You may receive up to 12 pass/fail credits equivalent to 101, 102, and 201 only. You may not add additional credit hours once credits have been posted on your transcript. This exam does not satisfy the two-year language requirement in many programs. It is the student’s responsibility to know what his/her requirement is. It is recommended that you consult with your advisor for this information. The Dept. of World Languages does not assume responsibility for this.
- Refunds will not be given under any circumstances.
- Students must be willing to accept the scores given as a result of the exam.
- The Registrar will transcript credits awarded through Challenge Exams after successful completion of 12 credit hours at Boise State University. Students must be enrolled this semester to have the challenge results posted on their transcripts.
1. Complete Test Registration Form: See the list of available language exams and pick up the form in the Department of World Languages, L-140B)
2. Send form and $50 check to:
Foreign Languages Testing Program
Humanities Research Center
3060 JKHB, BYU
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
3. You will be notified when the test arrives. Visit the Department of World Languages, L-140B for completion of the Credit for Prior Learning form.
4. Take the BSU form to the Payment and Disbursement Center, A-101. BSU fees are $20.00 per course. Please be sure to keep your form and receipt. (Refunds will not be given under any circumstances). PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE EXAM IS GIVEN.
5. Make arrangements via e-mail to take the exam with our proctor:
Arantza Ugalde, Library-141F ArantzaUgalde@boisestate.edu
Please provide the Credit for Prior Learning form and a copy of your receipt to Arantza prior to taking the exam. You will need to allow two hours to take the exam. The WLL office will mail your exam to BYU.
6. When your results of your exam arrive from BYU, your scores will be recorded on the Credit for Prior Learning form. It may take 4-6 weeks for your results to arrive. Please pick up results from the WLL office. The WLL office will turn in all challenge grades to the Registrar by the challenge deadline. (Be sure to keep your receipt from the Cashier to show as proof of fee payment.)